Monday 2 September 2013

Welcome to the Myoblog!

Welcome to Myoblog, my new blog. The focus of this blog are three topics:

1) Molecular Exercise Physiology
2) Skeletal muscle (myology)
3) Hippo pathway

In relation to these three topics I hope to achieve several things:
First, I plan to provide teaching materials and give updates on Molecular Exercise Physiology. Together with Neil Spurway I had written a book entitled 'Genetics and Molecular Biology of Muscle Adaptation': http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genetics-Molecular-Biology-Muscle-Adaptation/dp/0443100772. Also I have just submitted a book entitled 'Molecular Exercise Physiology. An Introduction' which should be published in 2014. So I will use this book to update on the book and also highlight papers that we have overlooked or that are published in the meantime. Also I plan to comment on my experience of teaching molecular exercise physiology to students.

Second, we plan to update on our research on the Hippo pathway in skeletal muscle. This is a major signal transduction pathway which regulates satellite cells (Judson et al. Journal of Cell Science 2012) and probably much more.

Third, I plan to add photos and protocols of methods that we use and wish to explain them. Having started as a human-focussed exercise physiologist, I spent much of my career looking for such information.

Fourth, I plan to update on conferences and meetings such as the London Myology and other muscle meetings, Hippo pathway meetings, the annual BASES conference and the Physiologogical conference meetings.

Feel free to e-mail me if under h.wackerhage@abdn.ac.uk if you have relevant information.

At the end a simple stain of necrotic fibres using just an anti-mouse secondary antibody.
Figure 1. X5 image of a tibialis anterior mouse muscle stian for necrotic fibres by using an anti-mouse secondary antibody. Green-stained fibres are assumed to be necrotic.
HW

1 comment:

  1. Exercise Programs We prevent and treat a diverse range of injuries using hands on exercise modalities as well as the most sophisticated electrotherapy technology to get the best results.

    ReplyDelete